Craftivism and Chat - 6th June 2019
What is anti social behaviour? Your experiences and how to report it with Merton CIL and Safer Merton followed by Summer Crafts Session
At this months Craftivism and Chat group we worked with Safer Merton to deliver a interactive session on anti social behaviour. We discussed what anti social bahviour was, attendees shared their experiences with one and other and we let people know how to report it and get the support that they need.
When we began the session there was a little confusion over what anti social behaviour was. We shared information on what Merton dsescribes as anti social behaviour. You can see what anti social behaviour is and is not in the image below.
We also asked how could reporting hate crime and anti social behaviour in Merton be improved. Attendees suggested
- A local app to look up hate crime info & report incidents
- More mandatory training & tests for police officers when dealing with Disability hate crime and Deaf and Disabled people
- More awareness/advertising of drop in places, services & safe spaces to report hate crime
- Improve accessibility in police stations
- More availability of hate crime information
If you need any support around hate crime please get in touch as we provide a hate crime casework service. You can also find imformation on hate crime support here - https://www.mertoncil.org.uk/useful-information/chapter-4-hate-crime-informa/
We also created some lovely summer crafts as you can see below: